Writing & Translation
Publication Editor & Literary Critic:
• LITERARY PROFILES: NIKI MARANGOU, Editor: Irena Joannides, Cyprus PEN Publications, 2011.
• THEOKLIS KOUYIALIS: THE POET AS AN EXISTENTIAL ULYSSES, Writer & Editor: Irena Joannides, Cyprus PEN Publications, 2000.
• LITERARY PROFILES: IACOVOS KYTHREOTIS, Writer & Editor: Irena Joannides, Cyprus PEN Publications, 2001.
• IN FOCUS QUARTERLY: Contributing Content & Language Editor: Irena Joannides, Cyprus PEN Publications, 2003-present.
• ART & INSPIRATION EXHIBITION (TECHNI KAI MITIS) featuring works from France, Greece and Cyprus: Contributing Content & Language Editor: Irena Joannides; Travelling exhibit: Athens, Nicosia, Paris, 1994.
• ROBERT FAUST, of FAUSTWORK MASK THEATER, In Focus, Cyprus PEN Publications, 2003.
• MY DARLING NOVICE, Irena Joannides; short story; In Focus, Cyprus PEN Publications, 2009.
• CONFESSIONS FROM THE EDGE, Irena Joannides; narrations, In Focus, Cyprus PEN Publications, 2008.
• BETWEEN THE I AND I, Irena Joannides; narrations; Techni & Mitis Exhibition, Athens, Paris, Nicosia, 1994.
• THE FACE OF MARY, Irena Joannides; short story; In Focus, Cyprus PEN Publications, 2007.
• A FUTURE IN THE PAST; Irena Joannides; short story: Face of An Island, Armida Publications, 1999.
Radio & Television:
• HER VIOLET GARDEN, Irena Joannides; radio play; Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation: International Programs, 1995.
• VITALINK COMMUNICATIONS: wrote copy for over 40 radio and television spots that aired on Toronto stations CFNY FM 102.1, Q107 FM, and CityTV.
• WORLD OF THE ARTS, weekly arts and culture reportage and series, interviews, Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation: International Programs, 1995-2000.
• ROUND AND ABOUT, weekly film reviews, Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation, International Programs, 1995-2000.
• CIUT, film reviews, University of Toronto Radio, 1986.
• OMNI TV and CYPRUS BROADCASTING CORPORATION: Wrote reportage and scripts for weekly segments for various Specials, and regular programs such as “Edo kai Tora,” 1993-2003.
With more than thirty-five standalone volumes and thousands of pages to her credit, Irena has translated most of the LITERARY PROFILES published by the Cyprus PEN Center. She has also translated entire anthologies of poetry and prose such as FACE OF AN ISLAND: POETRY, FACE OF AN ISLAND: 24 SHORT STORIES FROM CYPRUS, EUROPE IN CYPRIOT POETRY, AN ANTHOLOGY OF THE 1955-59 LIBERATION STRUGGLE, THE CULTURAL AND SPIRITUAL VALUES OF THE MEDITERRANEAN WORLD, among many others. She has also translated a great deal of work for other publishers and cultural agencies such as Armida Publications, Alasia Publications, En Typois Publications, SIMAE Publications, Parga Publications, etc.